Dozens of people are in custody after the FBI, Homeland Security, and local police dismantled an alleged international drug trafficking operation in the Lowcountry.
Multi-Agency Raids and Indictments
Raids on Wednesday morning led to 14 new indictments, bringing the total to 26 since the years-long investigation began. Suspects face charges for distributing cocaine, fentanyl, methamphetamine, and heroin across Charleston, West Ashley, Johns Island, and the peninsula.
Gang Connections and Regional Impact
Officials say some defendants had gang affiliations and ties to drug networks in Atlanta and Mexico. Charleston Police Executive Deputy Chief Jack Weiss said the arrests aim to reduce violent crime and overdoses by stopping the flow of narcotics.
“These investigations have a lasting effect on reducing violent crime as well as fatal and non-fatal overdoses,” Weiss said. “This benefits every community in our region.”
Public Warning
U.S. Attorney Bryan Stirling urged parents to discuss the dangers of drug use with their children. “If they think they’re buying a drug to stay up longer, these folks don’t care—they could be selling your kids fentanyl or cocaine,” he said.
Ongoing Investigation
So far, 8 of the 26 defendants have pleaded guilty. Authorities say the arrests target this organization, but investigations continue to identify and prosecute others involved in narcotics trafficking.













