Police in Detroit are investigating a gruesome discovery after three adult men were found dead in the basement of a home on Edsel Street. Officers with the Detroit Police Department made the discovery Wednesday afternoon while already in the area responding to a separate missing person case near Fort Street.
According to local reports, a man approached officers shortly before 1 p.m. claiming he had been assaulted inside the Edsel Street residence. He also told police there were bodies inside the home.
Victims Found Brutally Assaulted
Detroit Police Commander Rebecca McKay told reporters that officers entered the residence and located three adult male victims in the basement who appeared to have been brutally assaulted. Authorities confirmed that all three men were deceased at the scene.
The victims, believed to be approximately 50 years old or older, have not yet been publicly identified. Local outlets reported that the bodies were wrapped in towels and carpeting, and there was blood throughout the basement area.
Police described the investigation as very preliminary and said they are still processing evidence from the scene.
Investigation Ongoing, No Suspects Named
At this stage, no suspects have been publicly identified, and investigators have not disclosed a possible motive. It also remains unclear whether the victims are connected to the missing person investigation that initially brought officers to the area.
Authorities are urging anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP. The investigation remains active as detectives work to determine what led to the deaths inside the Edsel Street home.














